An all-day workshop is being held on Saturday, October 21, 2017 at Mooloolah Valley, Sunshine Coast, Queensland. Bookings are essential. Investment: $55 for the day includes morning tea. Please email or call Matthew or Juliet if you have any queries.
Matthew is Beezotted about running native bee workshops for schools and community groups. Fairholme College in Toowoomba is still buzzing from its 2016 Beezotted performance, as are groups in Tamworth, Inverell, Barabra and Manilla, Millmerran, Leyburn, Cobb & Co Museum Toowoomba, Tenterfield, Bribie Island, Caloundra, Warialda, and Brisbane. So far this year: Barraba, NSW; Tamworth, NSW; Timber Tots Child Care Centre, Brisbane, Millmerran, and Caloundra, Qld; and NSW’s Hunter Valley – Singleton, Scone, Muswellbrook, Denman and Merriwa, courtesy of Hunter Local Land Services; Broome and Kununurra, WA.
About the workshops
In the past few years Beezotted has run workshops at scores of Queensland, WA and NSW day care centres, kindergartens, primary and high schools. There are some of the principals’ testimonials on our home page, and lots of pics and more testimonials on the Beezotted Facebook page. The following link gives a great visual of Matthew’s tour of 12 schools in three days across two States: Waggamba Landcare
In NSW, WA and Queensland Matthew has run community workshops championed by Landcare, local gardening and environmental groups, and enthusiastic individuals.
Workshops are tailored to the customer’s requirements. School workshops tend to be shorter and more action-packed. A typical running sheet for a day-long community workshop is as follows:
What: Transfer a hive from log to box; learn bee care so they can care for you and your garden
- What’s all the fuss about Australian native stingless and solitary bees?
- Bees found in the area and latest information on their care
- Solitary bees: what are they and how to attract them to your garden
- How to quickly identify a bee or insect
- Pollination, predators: the good, bad and ugly
- How, when and why split a boxed hive
- Transfer a hive from log to box
- How to find bees in the bush
- Box designs and bee rescue
- Honey tasting and story time