Access Bee care for a practical ‘how to’ care for your Australian native stingless bee hive (it’s only two pages).
We provide well established boxed hives with honey supers. The boxes are made of quality cypress wood up to 40ml thick, which ensures good insulation whether it is hot or cold. A double roof is attached for extra insulation.
We also supply hives in logs, as nature provided them, and in carved logs with honey supers to Matthew’s design (such as the one pictured below), or to your own design.
- Hive rescue. Perhaps you have found hives on land being cleared, or you have a hive in the wrong place (like next to the front door or in your water meter). If you have a hive that needs rescue or moving, we can move it into a box for you or take it away – whatever you prefer.
- Teaching the eduction method of hive duplication. If you have an existing box or log we can show you how to educt a new one from it (instead of splitting the hive and stressing the bees)
- Robbing honey
- Transferring a damaged hive from log into box
- Education programs and presentations on native bees, including story telling and ‘honey’ tasting
- Pre- and post-sales advice.
For more information about all of the above please contact Matthew.